We love our children, not because they are the church of tomorrow, but because they are an integral part of the church of today. Their presence is a reminder of God's care for our church and our mutual responsibility to disciple even the youngest members. Their integration into the life of the church has never been more important.
Sunday Mornings at Holy Cross Kids
- Nursery and pre-school classes are open each Sunday. Starting August 1 these classrooms will meet separately whenever possible.
- Our elementary class (1st-5th grades) is open every other Sunday. The elementary classroom will be open December 5 & 19 and January 2, 16, & 30.
- Parents: You should receive a newsletter every other month from Amanda. It contains updates, schedules, verses, and ministry needs. Please contact her if you are not receiving the e-newsletter. You can also find it here. The 2021-2022 Recitation Schedule is located here.
- Volunteers: To help you better prepare for serving in our ministry to kids, Amanda has lesson plans prepared and sends them out at the beginning of the week.
- We need 6 more volunteers willing to serve monthly in one of our classrooms to open up all classrooms, every week. Feel called to join our Kids Team? Click the button below.
Our Vision for Parents & Children
At the heart of our ministry to kids on Sunday morning is teaching the Bible and learning about Jesus.
Our ministry to kids is not only about the discipleship of young people but is also a great way for parents and volunteers to grow spiritually as they learn how to communicate gospel truths to children. See Deuteronomy 6:6-7
How discipleship happens for your children varies from family to family.
Even though each family is unique, we believe that meaningful discipleship of your children can take place as young people are shown by the parents what it looks like to be willing participants in a diverse congregation. It is healthy for children to see their parents and others worshipping God, sitting under God’s Word as it is taught, sacrificially serving the church, and saturating their lives with the gospel.
We encourage parents to build intentional time into the rhythm of family life.
Find time as a family to pray together, discuss God's Word together, and to serve your church and community together - in order to better live out the gospel together.
- Even with our youngest kids, we strive to plant the first seeds of a strong gospel-centered foundation. We do not see our time with your children as merely babysitting but hope to point them to Jesus as we worship through song, tell stories from the Bible, and gather in groups to talk about Jesus.
A Bible lesson is taught each week with a key focus on the gospel of Jesus. When you leave your child with the teachers, you can expect them to interact with the Bible and be prayed for.
Check out our informative and helpful Parent's Guide, here. You can also pick up a copy at our check-in kiosk on Sunday.
BIRTH - 5TH GRADE
In an effort to help support parents in the discipleship of their children, we provide a loving and safe environment for kids (Birth - 5th grade) to learn about Jesus and begin to form solid gospel habits. Children in grade 6 and older are welcome to participate in the sanctuary. We have a special "Family Worship Bulletin" for them to engage with the service.
SUNDAY MORNING CHECK-IN
Please check in all kids nursery - 5th grade at the designated kiosk at the entrance. Nursery - K will go straight to their classrooms, while 1st - 5th graders will join you in the sanctuary (to be dismissed to their classroom about 25 minutes into the service).
Our prayer is that our children would understand God's True Story and begin to hide God's Word in their hearts. Each week your children will come home with something from their time in class - a craft in our younger children or a journal entry for our elementary kids. These make great conversation starters for later in the week at home. There is also a 2021-2022 recitation calendar for our preschool and elementary students to use on Sunday mornings and at home with their families. You can find that calendar here.
A private cry room off the sanctuary is provided for mothers who desire to nurse during the service, or for little ones who have become fussy. Audio of the service is provided.
VOLUNTEERING IN OUR KIDS MINISTRY
Ministry to our kids is heavily reliant on caring volunteers. This modeling of sacrificial service is not only beneficial for our children, but impacts our volunteers and parents in vital ways. If you are interested in volunteering, go HERE.