What are Tax Credits?
Tax credits reduce the amount of income tax you owe to the federal and state governments. Credits are generally designed to encourage or reward certain types of behavior that are considered beneficial to the economy, the environment or to further any other purpose the government deems important. There are an array of tax credits available covering a wide range of expenses and situations, including: helping families wanting to adopt a child, education credits, and dependent care.
This catalog is not meant to give tax advice but to help our congregation take advantage of credits available to them when filing state income taxes and to bless members of our church seeking assistance. There are many, many limiting factors that may prevent people from getting full 100% credit against tax and Holy Cross takes no responsibility for the outcome of one's personal tax situation. All questions should be directed to a tax professional. The following organizations listed have been submitted voluntarily and their presence on this site does not communicate an endorsement from Holy Cross.
Directory will be updated regularly as forms are submitted. You may fill out a form to request to have an organization listed in our directory, here.
Foster & Adoption Services
Arizona Baptist Children's Services
- Arizona Baptist Children’s Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) has seven ministries with one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. ABCS is faith-based, non-profit social service ministry that serves the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors.
- How to give: abcs.org/donate
Services to the hungry & poor
- Caring ministries has been providing food and clothing to families across Souther Arizona for over 40 years. Caring Ministries is a non-profit ministry serving Tucson and surrounding areas. They support local communities by providing food and resources, sharing the love of Christ to everyone they serve.
- How to give: wearecaring.org/donate
Quest for Arts and Education
- Quest for Arts and Education provides educational classes that help adults, teens and children gain skills to prepare them for the workforce or higher level educaiton.
- How to give: www.questforeducationandarts.com
- Recipient of tax credit: Lacy Coker
- Special Instructions: Either in the memo of your check or the notes of the online PayPal form, please add "For Lacy Coker's Family".
Pusch Ridge Christian Academy
- Pusch Ridge Christian Academy is a classically influenced, Christ-centered and college-focused K-12 school system. The mission of Pusch Ridge Christian Academy is to teach our students to become like Christ through a classical, Christian education within a covenantal community.
- How to give: www.arizonatuitionconnection.com/donate
- Recipient of tax credit: Eszter or Lili Vekony
- Special Instructions: On the online donation form, indicate Eszter or Lili Vekony in the "Student Recommendation" section and "Pusch Ridge Christian Academy" in the School Recommendation" section.