Summer Life Group
Every Wednesday starting June 15, 2022 until July 27, 2022
6:00pm – 7:30pm
It is easy to fall away from a full understanding of the gospel into common pitfalls in the pursuit of a relationship with Jesus--like cheap grace, legalism, and moralism.
Another way to misunderstand the gospel is to rely on our personal growth and character for our standing with God, instead of the other way around. Oftentimes, our struggles with Christian growth stem from a weak grasp of the gospel.
As Richard Lovelace writes, "Christians who are no longer sure that God loves and accepts them in Jesus, apart from their present spiritual achievements, are subconsciously radically insecure persons", and such insecurity can easily hamper growth in our relationship with God and others.
This Summer, as our regular Life Groups go on a break, we gather as one church-wide Life Group to engage with Richard Lovelace's book, Renewal as a Way of Life, which helps us put the gospel front and center in our lives. Through it, we hope to see the immensity of God's love and believe the gospel deep down in our personal lives and in our church.
- Cost is $15 per participant for the whole series
- Cost includes the book: Renewal as a Way of Life, study guide, and weekly taco dinner.
- Four Sessions: Wednesday nights, every other week between June 15 - July 27.
- Begins at 6:00pm with dinner and will conclude at 7:30pm.
- At Holy Cross Church
- Registration required. Please register by June 12th
- Childcare will be provided each week for kids ages nursery - 10 years old. There is a $10 extra one-time charge for childcare, per child, over the course of our 4 meetings. If you are using childcare, please purchase a childcare ticket for each child needing care when you register.
- Spots are limited.
The following chapters will be discussed on these meeting dates:
- Session #1 - June 15 / Chapters 1-2
- Session #2 - June 29 / Chapter 3-5
- Session #3 - July 13 / Chapter 6-7
- Session #4 - July 27 / Chapter 8