Women's Bible Teacher Training
Every other Thursday until June 17, 2021
6:30pm – 8:30pm
The Mission & Vision of The Women's Bible Teacher Network
To have a network of women bible teachers, trained and empowered to equip other women at Holy Cross to grow in their knowledge of God's Word and therefore better prepared to faithfully shape their own lives and the lives of those around them.
We will seek to accomplish the above mission through the following:
- Magnify God's glory by equipping women to understand the many facets of God's glory though his Word and his people.
- Live as God's people by growing together in the truth.
- Engage in God's mission as we better articulate the good news to those around us--as well as helping non and new believers to engage in God's Word.
A desired outcome of the Women's Bible Teacher Network is to have any woman at Holy Cross who wants to grow in understanding the Bible to have access to a women's Bible Study led by a trained leader.
The Women's Bible Teacher Network training is intended as a road map for any woman at Holy Cross to discern if God is calling her to serve Holy Cross as a Bible Study Leader.
The training process is not long, nor does it come close to say all that can be said, but that doesn't mean that God can't work mightily in it.
Two Training Environments
- Large Group Sessions: Training will consist of four, 2-hr large group sessions as we work through the training workbook together. (see schedule below)
- Individual Study: Participants will be expected to work through the pre-session assignments on their own, which will consist of short articles, readings from Jen Wilkin's Women of the Word, and reflection questions.
The training will consist of four, in-person sessions. Participation in all sessions is expected for completion of the training, yet we know unexpected conflicts arise. The sessions will be recorded for those providentially hindered from attending all four sessions. All sessions will be held from 6:30 - 8:30pm at Holy Cross Church. Childcare will be provided for those who need it. Please indicate the need in your registration.
- Session #1: Introduction, and The Leader - April 22
- Session #2: Doctrine & Theology - May 6
- Session #3: Applying the Gospel - May 20
- Session #4: How To Study The Bible (with lab) - June 3
- Commissioning - June 13 (during worship service)
The training curriculum has been created under the leadership of Amanda MacBrayne and Pastor Pete Rehrmann. This has been the fruit of a couple years of prayer, discussion, and vision for seeing woman equipped to better understand and share God's Word. Both Amanda and Pete will share the teaching portions of the training.
- Read the Welcome + Contents page of our training workbook which show you where we are headed in the training. This short introduction helps to set the expectations and foundation for our participants. Use this as a guide for your discernment.
- Discuss with your spouse, if married, and/or close friends about this opportunity and ask for input from them to help you discern if God is calling you to engage in the training. Feel free to reach out to Pastor Pete and/or Amanda MacBrayne if you have questions about the training.
- Pray to seek God's will and guidance for the training.
- Register for the training no later than April 18th.
- Familiarize yourself with the training workbook once you receive it and begin reading Jen Wilkin's Women of the Word (provided free with registration).
Ready to register?